For my previous post I needed some tools to monitor Raspberry Pi CPU usage. SYSSTAT provides that and:
- iostat reports CPU statistics and input/output statistics for devices, partitions and network filesystems.
- sar collects, reports and saves system activity information (CPU, memory, disks, interrupts, network interfaces, TTY, kernel tables,etc.)
- and much more.
So to build this add-on:
1) Cloning project
2) Copy sysstat directory to OpenELEC (careful with your OpenELEC directory)
$ cp -R sysstat ../OpenELEC.tv/packages/sysutils
(sysutils or other directory)
3) Compile it! Go to OpenELEC.tv directory and do
$ PROJECT=RPi ARCH=arm ./scripts/create_addon sysstat
This will create an add-on on OpenELEC.tv/target/addons.
Copy it to Download network share.
4) Install it from XBMC Add-ons -> Install from zip
On XBMC go to Add-on -> Install from zip file -> Home folder -> Download and select the zip file.
When done, reboot!
Now you can monitor your Raspberry Pi with OpenELEC in many different ways!